1. What is the significance of the title “Easy Pickings?”
2. What is the main message that Gautreaux is trying to get across?
3. How is grace offered in this story?
4. Which characters act like vehicles of grace for “Big Blade” and how?
5. How is this story similar/different to the previous stories by Gautreaux?
6. How does Big Blade change at the end?
7. What type of character do you think Mrs. Landreneaux is?
8. What are some of the key images in the story?
9. What do you think the group of old people who played cards represented?
10. What is some of the irony in this story?